Festival of Futures - Post-16 Studies Preparation
Dear Year 11,
We know that this past few months is not what any of us planned for or expected. We also know that this has been a strange time for you to navigate with so many unanswered questions. We cannot change this strange situation but what we can do is prepare you as best we can for the next stage of your journey so that you are ready for the months ahead. For you that will mean further education elsewhere. We want to help prepare you for all that is coming in the next few months. Please know that our doors remain open to you.
Today, we are launching ‘The Festival of Futures’ for you. Like a festival, you will be able to explore some of the areas that will help you as you start your Post-16 studies. Each area comes with some links/resources for you to work through and explore. There is a logbook that comes with it too for you to record what you have done, what you have learned and your thoughts about your learning or questions you have.
Please read the attached letter first: Year 11 Festival of Futures - Letter.
Please do take some time to look through these materials and access them - they will help you with the transition from Beacon High into your Post-16 studies.
We hope that you are all well and safe.
Please access the 'The Weekbeing Zone' materials in your English Google Classroom or via your school email.
Year 11 Progression Work - Project Futures by PiXL
- A set of progression sheets to help you study for your Post-16 subject content
- A balance between academic material and a focus on helping you adjust and prepare for September
- You select a progression sheet that interests you and choose the task/s that you want to complete
- There are subject specific sheets and wider skills sheets focusing on social and emotional 'progression'
- You complete the 'Progression Log' which logs what you have learned and your own next steps
- You create an online portfolio/or keep records of this which shows some of your thinking and work for a later date, including CV writing, as an example
- Year 11 students who are about to go onto Post-16 courses - there are subject specific progression sheets