Summer Exams Updates (Advanced Information)
Dear Year 11 Parents and Carers,
In my letter dated the 29th November 2021, titled 'Exam Contingency Plans', I noted adaptations to your child's examinations that may take place given the disruption to learning that they have faced over the course of their KS4 studies.
Next week, on the 7th February, we should receive information relating to your child's exams and this will include 'Advanced Information'. Essentially this information will be shared for subjects where students will receive advance information to support their revision and preparation for these exams; it is aimed at allowing fairer access for all students.
Some key updates and notes are detailed below for English and Maths but I will write to you again after February Half Term with specific information for the subjects that your child studies. Please do read the information below carefully, and the FAQs attached, and discuss it with your child.
- The intention is that exams WILL go ahead as planned.
- Advance Information (AI) released no later than 7th February.
- AI will be available from awarding organisation websites.
- AI will look different depending on the subject.
- AI will not be published for art and design qualifications or GCSE English Literature, History and Geography as adaptations have already been made to these subjects to support fairer access.
Below are the key dates for your child's English Language, English Literature and maths exams, as well as some key notes for each subject:
- No change to written examinations.
- Advanced information on exams will be available by 7th February.
- Changes to the spoken language endorsement – a sample of audio-visual recording of spoken language endorsements does not need to be sent so your child does not need to be recorded completing their presentation or speech.
- Choice of subject content to reduce the required subject content.
- Changes to the exam structure.
- Total marks and time has been reduced.
- No advanced information on exams.
- Advanced information on exams will be available from 7th February
- A formulae sheet will be provided in the exam so memorising formulae is not required. Formulae sheets are available on the examination board websites but your child has already been given a copy. I have also attached this to this email for your reference.
Please note that your child's second series of Mock Exams is scheduled to take place from the 28th February to the 11th March; I will send out the timetable to you next week.
We thank you for your continued support and if you have any questions, please do get in touch.